SC INBRE Developmental Research Project Program
The South Carolina IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (SC INBRE) offers a Developmental Research Project Program (DRP) designed to promote the career development of SC INBRE Target Faculty.
DRP awards are offered on a competitive basis and support independent research and mentored career development of Target Faculty. All DRP proposals must focus on Biomedical Science and fit within at least one of the broad scientific focus areas of SC INBRE: Regenerative Medicine; Cell and Molecular Biology; Neuroscience; and Bioinformatics.
Awards and competitive renewals are made to Faculty at Predominantly Undergraduate Institutions (PUIs) and to faculty from the three Comprehensive Research Institutions: USC, MUSC and Clemson University.
SC INBRE Target Faculty will utilize SC INBRE support to establish their independent research programs and, in the process, provide research training to students and/or postdoctoral fellows in the Biomedical Sciences.
Currently Open for Applications. Click here for RFA.
Current and Past SC INBRE Target Faculty include:
- Dr. Shanora Brown, South Carolina State University
- Dr. Christine Byrum, College of Charleston
- Dr. Will Case, Converse College
- Dr. Renee Chosed, Furman University
- Dr. Marion Cooley, Medical University of South Carolina (now at Augusta University)
- Dr. Renaud Geslain, College of Charleston
- Dr. Jeremy Mercuri, Clemson University
- Dr. Kasia Pawelek, University of South Carolina, Beaufort
- Dr. Jason Rawlings, Furman University
- Dr. Tarek Shazly, University of South Carolina, Columbia
- Dr. Matthew Stern, Winthrop University
- Dr. Yukiko Sugi, Medical University of South Carolina
- Dr. Mark Uline, University of South Carolina, Columbia
- Dr. Daniel Williams, Coastal Carolina University
- Dr. Tong Ye, Clemson University